This recipe is so simple I kind of feel ridiculous calling it a recipe, but when it comes to learning how to use your essential oils I’ve found it can be helpful to start with some guidelines then tweak to your personal preference.
I make this mocktail all the time when I tire of plain water, or just want something a little special. It’s delightfully refreshing, and a great low calorie cocktail if you want to add a splash of vodka. It also reminds me of Sprite, minus all the chemicals and sugar. I wanted to call it my “better than sprite spritzer,” but Will told me that might be a bit misleading so I moved on. It was borne out of my longing for a La Croix and no way to get one in Turkey. It’s a great boost for your metabolism and mood, and packs in detoxifying benefits thanks to the grapefruit essential oil.
So lets talk about grapefruit essential oil.
Young Living’s Grapefruit essential oil is most popular for it’s ability to positively effect on the lymphatic system, help to boost your metabolism, support digestion, and reduce fluid retention in the body thanks to its high concentration of D-limonene. Limonene is also believed to have anti-cancer properties and can help battle anxiety, meaning it’s a powerhouse for supporting your overall health.
Essential oils are super concentrated, meaning just a couple of drops pack a bold flavor. For this reason I typically choose to use fresh lemons and limes combined with the grapefruit essential oil, instead of using all three essential oils. But feel free to tweak and experiment to satisfy your personal taste!
- Soda Water
- Lemon Slices
- Lime Slices
- Young Living Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Place lemon and lime slices in cocktail shaker with ice and shake until juices have been released.
- Pour into glass and top with soda water (and more ice if desired).
- Add 2-3 drops Young Living Grapefruit essential oil.
- Garnish with additional lemon and lime slices (optional).
- Feel free to use Young Living lemon and lime essential oils in place of, or in addition to the fresh fruit slices for a concentrated flavor with great health benefits!